Fine Osteotomy™ was developed based on these previous points and based on published literature specific to the principles of orthopaedic correction1.
Fine Osteotomy™ is a global approach in which each step is part of the intervention’s success and none of them can be neglected or carried out randomly or in a compromised manner.
Fine Osteotomy™ is synonymous with our highly accurate Bodycad copyrighted software. We use the latest technology, including a 3D printed patient-specific surgical guide adapted to you as determined by your treating physician. It also includes a plate that is perfectly adapted to your situation and the osteotomy, that matches the angular correction chosen by your treating surgeon.
Fine Osteotomy™ incorporates a unique safety technology to control the depth of the cut, protecting the posterior structures with a unique, calibrated drilling system.
Bodycad Personalized Restoration Software is based on published literature specific to the principles of orthopaedic correction. Our proprietary software is the heart of our process, enabling orthopaedic surgeons to achieve a personalized restoration based on your precise anatomical specifications.
In collaboration with the Bodycad team, the software puts your treating surgeon in complete control of your surgical plan.
- Control the depth of the cut to protect the hinge axis and posterior neurovascular structures
- Control the opening in order to respect the patient’s native tibial slope
- Achieve planned angular correction with no compromise thanks to the personalized design of the plate which mimics the desired opening / closing
- Design a plate adapted to the needs of the patient while incorporating your surgeon’ surgical preferences
- Plan the position and length of the screws preoperatively to ensure an accurate and controlled reconstruction
- Simulate a multitude of osteotomy scenarios before the operation
- Have access to a multitude of correction angles as well as preoperative and postoperative measures for each osteotomy simulation
- Plan an osteotomy taking into consideration anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, in terms of cut and the design of the plate
- Plan the orientation of the cut to increase or decrease your tibial slope if desired
With Fine Osteotomy™ you will have a completely personalized plate that adapts to your anatomy instead of a standardized product that needs to be bent and formed to you.
The plate is designed with our software and then manufactured in our factory.
A personalized plate will ensure that the planned correction is not compromised:
- Plate contours patient’s bone anatomy
- Shape of the plate is customizable
- Wedge as planned for optimal correction -> Size | Angulation | Position
- Wedge sits only on the cortical bone