Are you looking for an engineering opportunity unlike any other? What do you think of solving complex design challenges all while having the satisfaction of knowing that your work will directly impact another person’s quality of life? Are you intrigued? Keep reading! We would like to talk to you about Bodycad’s new mechanical engineering position within our clinical design team.
Bodycad is first and foremost a team of sharp-minded, curious and passionate specialists. What is the passion that unites us? The idea of revolutionizing the international orthopaedics market by offering implants and surgical tools that are 100% personalized to the patients’ needs. How do we do it? By combining the latest technology with completely innovative approaches derived from a multitude of specialities, namely mechanical engineering, computer-assisted manufacturing (CNC, 3D printing) and software development (CAD, medical imagery, web).
In collaboration with leading orthopaedic surgeons, our clinical design engineers push the boundaries of mechanical design by developing unique and innovative implants and tools aimed at treating complex medical cases for which traditional treatment methods are not an option. Throughout the process, they communicate regularly with the doctors to ensure that the proposed products fit perfectly with the established needs/delays. They also conceive the installation sequence in order to guide the surgeons through the surgical procedure.
- A university degree in engineering (mechanical, biomechanical, biomedical or any other relevant field);
- 1-2 years of mechanical design experience;
But more importantly, you need to be:
- An inquiring mind that is unafraid to ask questions;
- A ninja of mechanical design (we use SolidWorks, but prior experience with another design software such as Catia, SolidEdge, Geomagic, etc. is equally relevant);
- A Sherlock Holmes of complex problem solving and unique solution development;
- A polyglot that can easily explain technical information to English as well as French-speaking medical professionals;
And you earn extra points if:
- You have prior experience with 3D printing;
- You have experience with the medical field.
You would like to find out more? You are organized, resourceful, meticulous and greatly interested by the medical field? Send us your CV! We want to get to know you!