Are you a firm believer in continuous improvement? What do you think of putting your experience to use in a cutting-edge medical device company to help drive its manufacturing processes to new levels of efficiency? If you find this idea stimulating, keep reading to discover the process engineering position that is currently available in Bodycad’s R&D department!
What awaits you at Bodycad?
At Bodycad, you will discover:
- A fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the international orthopaedics market with its prostheses/products that are 100% personalized to the patients’ needs;
- A team of sharp-minded and passionate individuals that believe that important goals are accomplished as a team, not individually;
- A team of curious minds that do not hesitate to question the established paradigms and leave no stone unturned in order to find answers;
- The satisfaction of knowing that your work will have a direct impact of the quality of life of the patients that use our products.
Why do we need a process engineer in a team such as ours?
With many product lines now approved for sale in the international orthopaedics market, Bodycad is progressing from an almost uniquely R&D environment to a context that now includes production as well as R&D. Our process engineer will therefore be entrusted with validating and improving our manufacturing processes to ensure that we will be able to meet the increasing demand for our products, all while complying with the applicable regulatory standards and maintaining the same level of quality that is synonymous with Bodycad’s name.
What will be your main responsibilities within the team?
As a process engineer, you will play a key role in terms of the company’s manufacturing processes, and, by the same token, will act as a bridge between product development and process validation. You will namely be responsible for:
- Analyzing and validating the manufacturing processes to ensure that they are compliant with regulatory standards (FDA, Health Canada, CE);
- Suggesting solutions for the optimization of these processes and implementing the retained solutions in collaboration with the concerned departments;
- Drafting validation reports and technical texts for regulatory submissions;
- Documenting and training other team members in regards to new manufacturing processes when changes are put forward by the engineering’s development team;
- Participating, in collaboration with other departments, in the choice, calibration and implementation of the new equipment within the factory;
- Participating in the problem-solving process when problems or setbacks occur in production;
- Ensuring a technological watch and completing comparative analyses to identify best practices that may be pertinent for the company.
Intrigued? This is what we are looking for in our next colleague:
- University degree in engineering (industrial, mechanical, biomechanical or any other pertinent field);
- 5 years of experience pertinent to the role;
But, more importantly, we are looking for someone:
- For whom efficiency is an intrinsic value;
- That understands the reality and challenges linked to developing and producing extremely complex products in a highly-regulated environment (ISO 13485, FDA, Health Canada, etc.)
- That has the motivation and determination to perform and excel in a fast-growing and changing environment;
- Whose analytical mind and global approach will easily be able to grasp the issues that are important to each department (R&D, production, quality assurance, regulatory affairs), and will be able to suggest solutions that will represent a balance between the interests of all parties.
Do you see yourself in this description?
If you are intrigued and would like to find more, don’t hesitate and send us your CV today!