Are you intrigued by the medical sector? Are you looking for a company that will enable you to use all your knowledge and skills in an innovative and fast-paced environment? Join Bodycad’s team today and discover the world of custom medical devices.
As a 3D Designer, you will play a key role in designing custom orthopaedic prostheses for various clients according to their specific anatomy. If you are looking to combine the latest 3D and CAD technology with the satisfaction of knowing that your work will a direct impact on our patients' lives, this position is ideal for you.
- Validate the quality of the images (MRI, tomography) sent by the doctor and ensure the conformity of the digital 3D image of the patient’s anatomy derived from them;
- Take precise measurements of the anatomical elements with Bodycad’s restoration software;
- Using the company’s proprietary numerical modeling software, create the 3D design according to the surgeon’s specifications;
- Ascertain, as needed, technical considerations with the mechanical engineering team to confirm that the proposed prosthesis design has no production restraints;
- Make sure the client is informed if any of options he/she has chosen are unrecommended on a technical level;
- Have the client approve the 3D design of the prosthesis before putting it into production;
- Make sure the prosthesis goes through all the production steps within the established time frame;
- Perform quality checks at the end of the production process to ensure that the prosthesis is fully compliant the client’s requirements.
- College certificate/degree in 3D animation and image synthesis, medical/radiodiagnostic imagery or in any other pertinent field;
- 1-2 years of experience with 3D imagery;
- Must have an unrivalled level of precision;
- Responsible and extremely thorough;
- Highly organized and structured in order to properly coordinate the various tasks linked to the job;
- Bilinguism - French and English
- Prior orthopaedic or medical knowledge (asset).