Bodycad is looking for a motivated and driven buyer that wants to be a key player in an innovative and fast-paced company. As a buyer, your mission will be to meet each department’s needs by securing the best possible performance from our suppliers (quality, service, deadlines, etc.) all while minimising global costs. With its varied and stimulating challenges, this position will guarantee you a prime position at the heart of all the action.
Who are we looking for?
- A motivated problem-solver : A person that will be as attentive to the needs of the internal clients as to the company’s goals in order to target the best suited articles/services for the company’s challenges.
- An unparalleled negotiator : A person that will easily understand the company’s reality, and that will be able to negotiate the best terms of delivery, deadlines and prices for the articles/services the team will need.
- A warm and efficient communicator : A completely bilingual individual (EN-FR) with an innate talent for developing and maintaining positive business relationships with suppliers and internal clients.
- A versatile multi-tasker : A person that will thrive in a context where multiple responsibilities will have to be handled simultaneously, and in which personal initiatives aimed at improving the work environment are welcome.
- An organizational wizard: A person that will readily develop structured and efficient processes to organize the resources and information required to accomplish their work.
What will your typical workweek look like?
By being at the heart of the action, you will need to collaborate not only with your colleagues and management team, but also with suppliers and visitors. During a typical workweek, you will:
- Purchase equipment and materials according to the requests received from the various departments as well as the projected production needs;
- Require quotes from various suppliers and, when applicable, open supplier accounts in collaboration with the accounting department;
- Negotiate the terms and conditions associated with the purchase of the equipment and materials;
- Stay abreast of new suppliers within the market and maintain a positive professional relationship with the suppliers already doing business with the company;
- Prepare the company shipments, track them until they arrive at destination and, if applicable, manage any problems linked to the shipping;
- Receive the shipped merchandise, ensure the contents of the shipment are consistent with the purchase orders and, is applicable, return any faulty or erroneous material;
- Transfer incoming calls to the appropriate person and welcome visitors in a professional courteous manner.
Are you intrigued?
Are you looking for a new position in which you will not see the days go by? Do you want to be part of a company where you will be able to grow and develop your skills? Seize this opportunity and join our team! At Bodycad, you will find a work environment focused as much on teamwork and innovation as on the achievement of our goals!